Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy birthday to me.

So I turned 22 yesterday, go me!

This is going to be short, in a couple of hours I'll be on a bus back to Toronto. THAT'S RIGHT! You heard me. I'm outta here bitches!

So my birthday was kind of uneventful. Besides the bombardment of facebook messages from friends and family (thanks guys <3) it could have been any other day. I will have something to show for it this year though, it may be a bit late BUT I WILL HAVE DRUNK PICTURES!
Anyway, so I woke up late and decided it was about time to buy a phone charger so I could maybe catch up with Sibod for the night as he had landed in NY the night before. So I wandered off to Chinatown and found myself a charger for $8, sweet. Spent a while wandering around some more wondering what to have for lunch and passing a couple Yum Cha places which has put me in the mood for it. I found myself somewhere else completely at some small mexican place which was pretty cute. Grilled corn and a cuban sandwich?! Yes please. Also a terrible espresso, I should probably know better by now.
Now what to do for the rest of my day? Lets check out the Met! Or not. I make my way over there, probably a bit too late. And oh, I have to check my bag and there's a huge line to do that? Hmm. I decided against that since I would only have just under 2 hours to see the place and I doubt that would have been long enough... maybe next time. So off I go to wander around central park again, this time in the snow! It had snowed most of Saturday so the Sunday afternoon I was strolling through there were families out with their sleds sliding down hills, it was cute and just like the movies. Little kids all bundled up and waddling around like penguins aww!
Afterwards I hung out at a cafe with a tea charging my phone and organising (kind of) something with Sibod. After a lot of phone related problems (credit, battery power) we meet up and head down to Little Italy for dinner. I ordered a mussel and linguini dish which wound up being a huuuuuge plate of about 30 black shelled mussels over linguini... 30?! I had flashbacks from my 19th birthday and the Occidental on Vulcan Lane with that giant pot of mussels... oh boy. I was soooo full. Couldn't even look at the cupcake Sibod bought me until about 4 hours later and then discovered it was too sweet to eat =(
When I got back to the apt a little while afterwards Jon and his friend Richard came back from their night out (fairly drunk) and hung out watching episodes of Chelsea Lately and discussing things like breast feeding and when the "right" time to ween them off it is, and hairdressing career moves. It was more entertaining then it sounds =p
Somehow it became 4am and I sat around not feeling tired and watching Eddie Izzard until 5am when I drifted off to sleep only to wake up to a Fedex guy buzzing the door.

Aaaaand that was my day-ish.
So I should be getting ready to head to the bus stop! I am kind of excited, but I still have about 10 hours on a bus to get through... whew.

Lets see what the next adventure is.
(probably my belated birthday celebration and me breaking some limbs from taboozing)

UP NEXT!